Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Here, baby, there mama, everywhere daddy, daddy, HAIR!!

I've spent so much time and money on..you guessed it..my hair!
So far, I've had braids(black and fuchsia), close cut naturals, dyed(colors in and out of the spectrum), fried, laid to the side.

I've been ponytailed, cornrowed, nubian knotted, boofruto'd(if you lived in NYC in the 90's, you know what I'm talking about) curled, swirled, and the old standby, the slickback(with that brown "protein gel") oh yeah, let's not forget the goddess braids, and the old dusty chestnut, the Afro, teeny weeny and super size, black one time and multi-colored the next.
The old asymmetrical weave and cut, one color..sometimes two..
I've spent so much time in the beauty supply stores buying someone else's hair and having it glued to my head.....

I must say the craziest thing I've done is let some girl I barely knew bleach, dye and put two different tints in my hair, can you say Rainbow Brite? Or could it be that time I had box braids in the front and back and nubian knots in the middle? But dammit, I pulled it off with flair!

Why, you ask? Maybe the Purple Dragon acid and the weed my parents did back in the day somehow leaked into my DNA..
Or maybe I like to see how much I can fuck with my hair and still have some left on my head.
In my defense, everyone has or should have a creative outlet, up to this date, my hair has been my muse. And also, I can't stand looking like everyone else. If you ride any train in the hood or walk down any street in the urban USA, you know what I'm talking about. Either it's this:



or:




So now, while I still have some hair left on my head, and to avoid sitting in barbershops and having to answer stupid ass questions, I've approached the final frontier, went and got me some locks, I must say I love, love, love them! So if in about a month, you see a woman in Brooklyn with fire red locks..

No comments:

Post a Comment